Meet curriculum requirements on energy topics across geography, science and PSHE subjects.
Are you interested in distributing, translating or collaborating on Megawatt? Partner with us on our mission to inspire curiosity about sustainable energy and develop the problem solvers of the future!
Go beyond the conditions of our creative commons license with our generous partnerships and license agreements:
Use Megawatt commercially
By purchasing Megawatt directly from us, you have permission to use the game commercially. This means you can sell Megawatt for a profit, use Megawatt as part of a workshop, or use it to promote your company in some way. Megawatt is available to be purchased at wholesale prices, allowing for the purchase and resale to other customers. Get in touch with us if interested.
If you would like to print Megawatt yourself for commercial purposes, we offer a license agreement to allow organisations to do so. The license requires a payment of a royalty fee, which is determined as a percentage of the printing cost.
If you have the resources to translate the game yourself:
1. Get in touch and let us know what language you are translating the game to, who will be translating it and who will be reviewing the text.
2. We will send you a document with all the text that needs to be translated, along with guidelines on how many characters you can use for each section.
3. You undertake the translation. The person translating the text should ideally be a translator, but a native speaker with a degree-level qualification is acceptable.
4. The translated text is reviewed by a scientist or engineer with a good knowledge of energy topics.
5. You send us the translated text and we update all the Megawatt files into the new language.
6. We make the translated version of the game available under our Creative Commons license. We may make the game available on our online store.
7. You are granted a free commercial license on the first 500 games printed.
If you would like us to translate the game:
1. Get in touch and let us know what language you would like to translate the game to.
2. We will provide a quote for translation and design services. This will typically be around £1000.
3. We make the translated version of the game available under our Creative Commons license.
4. You are granted a free commercial license on the first 1000 games printed.
Interested in seeing an adaptation that reflects your regions energy resources or climate? Take the initiative and help make it happen:
1. Get in touch with details on the region you are from and the changes you would like to make.
2. We will send you some guidelines on what kind of changes you can make without affecting the balance of the game.
3. Follow the guidelines, make the changes and playtest a few times.
4. Send over the changes to us, so we can playtest and approve the changes.
5. We will update the Megawatt files with the adaptation and make it available under our Creative Commons license.
6. You are granted a free commercial license on the first 500 games printed.