Meet curriculum requirements on energy topics across geography, science and PSHE subjects.
Are you interested in distributing, translating or collaborating on Megawatt? Partner with us on our mission to inspire curiosity about sustainable energy and develop the problem solvers of the future!
Go beyond the conditions of our creative commons license with our generous partnerships and license agreements:
Sell and distribute Megawatt
Wholesale prices for Megawatt begin at 1000 units, allowing for the purchase and resale of Megawatt to other customers.
Print Megawatt yourself
We provide commercial licenses for Megawatt, which allow organisations to print and sell the game themselves. The license requires payment of royalty fees, which are kept at a low rate and are determined based on the final sale value.
Run STEM Outreach Workshops
You may be an organisation that runs STEM Outreach workshops for profit and are interested in using Megawatt as an outreach activity.
If you would like to use Megawatt in this way, we charge a 10% license fee of the revenue generated by use of Megawatt. If interested in this, we may be able to provide you with sets of Megawatt free of charge!
If you have the resources to translate the game yourself:
1. Get in touch and let us know what language you are translating the game to, who will be translating it and who will be reviewing the text.
2. We will send you a document with all the text that needs to be translated, along with guidelines on how many characters you can use for each section.
3. You undertake the translation. The person translating the text should ideally be a translator, but a native speaker with a degree-level qualification is acceptable.
4. The translated text is reviewed by a scientist or engineer with a good knowledge of energy topics.
5. You send us the translated text and we update all the Megawatt files into the new language.
6. We make the translated version of the game available under our Creative Commons licence.
7. Free commercial license on the first 500 games printed, or the first 10 workshops run.
If you would like us to translate the game:
1. Get in touch and let us know what language you would like to translate the game to.
2. We provide a quote for translation and design services. This will typically be around £1000.
3. We make the translated version of the game available under our Creative Commons licence.
4. Free commercial license on the first 500 games printed, or the first 10 workshops run.
Interested in seeing an adaptation that reflects your regions energy resources or climate? Take the initiative and help make it happen:
1. Get in touch with details on the region you are from and the kind of changes you would like to make.
2. We will send you some guidelines on what kind of changes you can make without affecting the balance of the game.
3. Follow the guidelines, make the changes and playtest a few times.
4. Send over the changes to us, so we can playtest and approve the changes.
5. We will update the Megawatt files with the adaptation and make it available under our Creative Commons licence.
6. Free commercial license on the first 500 games printed, or the first 10 workshops run.